Thursday 7 July 2016

Why 'The Lumber Room' ?

"A man should keep his little brain attic stocked with all the furniture that he is likely to use, and the rest he can put away in the lumber-room of his library..."
                                        - Sherlock Holmes   ['The Five Orange Pips]


I've kept on putting off starting a blog, knowing that I'll probably make around two posts, then forget about it. But in this, my fortieth year, I've decided to bite the bullet.


The Sherlockian quote above, sums it up - I intend to use this blog to offload furniture from my brain-attic, ie. to get rid of thoughts that are going round and round in my head with no place to express them, whether they be trivial or serious.

There will probably be a focus on my twin loves - 'Doctor Who' and 'Sherlock Holmes'  (two asexual quintessentially British heroes), with possibly some occasional theatre reviews too.


Well here goes nothing !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment