Sunday 23 October 2016

Forgotten Musicals: Introduction

INTRODUCTION

In the past year or so, I have attended several musicals that I decided to "take a chance on", and thoroughly enjoyed, but which due to very short runs  I did not feel able to recommend to others. However, I have decided to put them "out there" in case of revivals either professionally or by local amateur groups, in what I hope will be a regular series.

My criteria for inclusion are that it was not a central West End show (which I am taking to mean the large theatres on Shaftesbury Avenue & The Strand), that it had a short run, is not considered 'a classic', and deserves a wider audience.

Each entry will be completed under the following headings:


History:
The history of the musical and previous runs.



Plot:
A summary of the plot.


In A Nutshell:
The plot in a sentence.


Production:
Details of the production that I saw, as well as comments/reviews of it.



Signature Song:
The one song that I enjoyed most/think sums up the musical best.


Links: 

Links to online material, including recordings, videos and production websites.




I intend to start with 'Vanities - The Musical'  which I saw last month, with future entries including 'The Toxic Avenger - The Musical', 'The Stripper', 'The Wedding Singer - The Musical', and others.




No comments:

Post a Comment